Bangkok, January 2014: Chinese New Year or Spring Festival is the most important traditional holiday celebration for Chinese around the world. The celebration is on the first day of the month based on the lunar calendar. 2014 is the Year of the Horse and January 31st, 2014 marks the first day of the calendar. Chinese New Year is celebrated in different ways. It is believed to be a great start for an excellent new year for everyone.
Traditionally, at home, Chinese start with a good house cleaning to sweep away any bad luck. However, no cleaning during the first few days after the New Year for fear of disposing good luck. Red decoration is everywhere to symbolize good fortune and joy.
Chinese New Year is certainly a big family reunion especially for those who are far away from home. Families gather on the New Year’s Eve to share festive food of which will bring them good fortune for the coming year.
Come and Celebrate the Chinese New Year with us at Chatrium Hotels and Residences, both Bangkok and Yangon properties, ideal for business or leisure travelers. Benefits include:
- Complimentary daily buffet breakfast
- Welcome oranges, a red envelop and flowers in-room
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Late check-out (subject to room availability)
- Red Envelope with Chinese Good Luck Gift (once per stay)
- 3 complimentary pieces of regular laundry/pressing per day per room
- Minibar credit per stay per room
For more details, please visit Chatrium Hotels & Residences website of each property;
Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
Emporium Suites by Chatrium
Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok ;
Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon ;